October 23rd, 2019
Edinburgh, UK | Full Time | Oct 23, 2019
Here at DirectID we’re looking for a Communications Designer and all-round marketing enthusiast to join our growing marketing team.
DirectID is an exciting start-up platform on a mission to help business leverage the power of bank data across the globe. Through providing tools to help onboard customers easily and delivering next-generation financial analysis solutions, we enable businesses to tackle common challenges such as credit risk, affordability and fraud with minimum effort.
This role will be joining our existing 3 person marketing team based at our HQ in the award-winning office building, Norloch House, right in the centre of Edinburgh. The office is filled with break out areas where people can spend downtime on the pool table and ping-pong table, or head into the quiet room. There is also an event space and a full bar area for our Friday weekly wrap-ups which ends every week well.
As the Communications Designer, you will be expected to create visually appealing content for marketing emails, social media, podcasts, webinars, video collateral and marketing websites, along with assisting in the production of marketing materials across the business (sales decks, eBooks, event collateral etc.) This isn’t your usual day in, day out, job.
You will make sure the digital side of the business is always up-to-date, consistently on-brand and as engaging as possible. The ideal candidate should be happy to assist in developing written collateral alongside visual content, to ensure our final marketing material is as effective as possible.
This opportunity is perfect for someone looking to expand their skills, get out of a corporate environment, or both. No two days are the same and new ideas are welcomed as we grow rapidly.
- Assist in the delivery of all day to day digital marketing activity including creating visuals for the company’s websites, social media posts, and developing email content.
- Assist in the delivery of collateral to help with new sales opportunities.
- Assist in the delivery of events that are sponsored or hosted by the business.
- Be the champion of brand consistency across the business.
- Continuously test, learn from, and iterate over designs and content to improve impact month on month.
- Support ad hoc requests and projects as and when required.
- Great knowledge of Adobe design suite.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- A natural problem-solver.
- A creative flair and great attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload.
- A good understanding of the principles of marketing with some experience of direct marketing and the use of digital channels.
- Educated to a marketing/design degree level would be desirable or equivalent business experience in a similar role.
- Video editing and animation skills would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Comfortable seeking and giving feedback.
- A strong believer in consistently delivering high standards of work.
- Able to juggle tasks calmly and effectively.
- Tenacious, reliable and committed.
- Is confident to work alone when required but also has strong team spirit.
Who’s in your future team?
Join the team today.
Want to know more about careers at DirectID?
If you want to know more about what it is like working for us, what benefits you could get, what we stand for, or simply what other opportunities we currently have advertised - head on over to our careers page for all this and more.