Make a Valuable Contribution
The ID Co is a growing company, and we recognise we are not just building world-class products, we are also seeking to build a world-class team and a set of sustainable development practices that will continue to deliver value as we scale. We believe that the best work comes from cross-functional, self-organising, and diverse teams that take ownership of their processes and practices.
As an engineer with DirectID, you will be helping produce a product used by customers worldwide to help people live their dreams. You will be working within a Scrum team to design, implement, test, and deploy our cloud products in a production environment. It is a full-stack position, and you will be working on all stages of the product lifecycle.
Our products harness the power of cutting-edge Open Banking APIs and include a React front-end to allow users to share their banking data with lenders to enable quicker lending decisions, and a set of APIs and microservices written in C# using the latest ASP.NET Core framework to let the lenders access that data.
YOU NEED TO HAVE.
- Extensive experience in creating, analysing, and evaluating solutions to complex domain problems and in articulating your design decisions to stakeholders and other team members.
- Experience with fault tolerant, high scale and distributed systems.
- Solid design and coding (C#) experience with developing Web APIs using MVC / ASP.NET Core.
- Solid experience of relational database (SQL) systems and other storage technologies.
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and focus on quality - automated testing, continuous integration, SOLID principles, etc...
- Solid understanding of the agile methodology and scrum framework.
- Experience of mentoring other engineers, of peer review and process improvement.
WE WOULD ALSO LIKE.
- Experience of designing, building, and deploying cloud applications to Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience working in FinTech
- Understanding of web security best practices
- Experience with containerized and container orchestration platforms (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with caching stores and message brokers such as Redis or Azure service bus
- Familiarity with OIDC Protocol
- A passionate promoter of collaborative development
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Familiarity with React
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cosmos DB and MongoDB
- Circa £55-60k PA + benefits
- A great team and challenging problems to solve
- Options for fully or partial remote working
- A flexible working environment – we are one of Scotland’s top 10 most flexible employers
- EMI Share Scheme
- We're a growing company so your contributions will be valued and have a big impact
- Mentoring and training
- Vocational training allowance and a training fund to use as you want for non-work-related training
- Ring-fenced training and innovation time
- Friday social events
- Uncapped Bike to work scheme
Apply for this job